Tuesday 22 January 2013

One month later....

So a month on from deciding on this challenge, I've managed to get some training in since the beginning of January, but the last week has been tricky since the snow arrived. Just got to keep the motivation and try not to suffer too much when I can eventually get back on the road.

In other news, I've managed to lose 4 pounds since I started training (not dieting, just exercising more).

Looking forward to switching to a road bike, I've done OK on the mountain bike with the 2" knobbly tyres but hope that a different gear ratio on the roadie and the reduced rolling resistance might help to increase my average MPH.

One of our suppliers, Madison, have done me a special deal on one of these, the Saracen Hack 2, and I'm really looking forward to getting on the road with it. I chose this over an out & out road bike because of the state of some of the back roads that I'm training on round here and felt this might be that bit more robust for the combination of my weight and the mileage that I'm going to be doing on it during training. I'll update soon and let you know how I get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment